Board Level coaching
Recent clients include;
- Managing Director and Sales Director from a multi -national, £multi - million engineering
- Director of Employment and HR Director at an organisation providing international
- Director and Partner from a Chancery Lane law firm
- Chief Executive from a Charity
- Public sector Board Chairman
- Engineering Director for a high tech, high growth transatlantic organisation.
- Following chemistry checks, these Executives chose Angela Sabin as their coach.
- Typically, we meet monthly for 2 hour sessions. Some sessions are virtual.
- Some opted for questionnaires to enhance self - awareness and specific skills related
to their goals, such as Emotional Intelligence, Handling Conflict.
- Others opted for team coaching with their senior management teams.
So what’s different about coaching at this level?
Directors I have worked with encounter challenges not faced by junior colleagues:
- Relentless pressure to deliver leading to increased stress levels.
- No clear boundaries between work and home. Execs often put in hours that eat into
- So in demand in their present role, little time for personal/career development.
- Thrive in action-orientated, pressurised environments; however, this leaves scant
time for thinking, especially around strategic issues and risks.
- Issues Directors grapple with are highly confidential; often can’t be discussed systematically
with busy peers, which makes it hard to gain focus on a clear and compelling vision.
- No sounding board or opposing opinion. The more senior you become, the less frequently
others tend to challenge you.
Here are a selection of goals recent Board Level clients have brought:
- Thinking through strategic issues
- Reflecting on own effectiveness
- Freeing up time from operations to strategy
- Managing risks and damage limitation
- Handling challenging colleagues and stakeholders
- Building networks
- Managing stress levels
- Work life balance
- Impostor syndrome.
Sample Client Comments
“Angela’s coaching skills are effective: she listens without telling you what to
do; lets you talk things through and reach your own conclusions; gently and wisely
prompts when necessary, offering tools to help where appropriate. The biggest difference
the coaching has made to my organisation is having a more effective leader with a
sensible workload, a managed diary and time built in for creativity and reflection.”
“I recommend Angela as a coach to even the most seasoned leader, to gain a fresh
and innovative perspective. The challenges Angela makes in each session have made
me a stronger leader.” Operations Director.
“I did find the feedback hard but indicative of where I am at the moment so lots
of food for thought. Thanks for your sensitivity in the handling of the feedback
it was much appreciated. I feel this has given me an impetus and is therefore a
really helpful intervention.” Director.